- Why should you book with Funky Travels
1. Customizable Trips. All of our trips are customizable. You can choose your own departure date, select either private or small group trips, and can mix and match hotel accommodation levels. You can also arrange your own airfare or have us do it for you.
2. Personalized Service. You will receive personalized service from us.
3. Excellent Value. Our trips are priced to provide you with excellent value.
4. Expertise. We carefully select our local operators to ensure that your vacation services will be delivered as promised, and that you will receive assistance while in the country if a problem arises.
- How do you book one of the trips
To book one of our trips, choose your trip by destination or interest; complete the booking request form and we will revert to you in 3 – 5 working days with the necessary details.
- Can you mix hotel accommodation levels during the trip
Yes. You can choose from four levels of accommodations (3 star, 4 star, 5 star, and luxury) and choose the number of days you want for each level.
- How far in advance do you need to book your trips
It depends on the trip. To give you an idea, few examples below:
• For the Inca trail, since the Peruvian government issues a limited number of hiking permits per day, we suggest that you reserve your space at least 2-3 months in advance of departure (4-6 months during high season).
• For Galapagos Islands cruises, Amazon River cruises, and Antarctica cruises, we suggest that you make your reservations six months in advance.
• Sakura viewing (Cherry blossoms in Japan) usually book 4 - 6 months in advance.
• Northern Lights, 4 – 6 months in advance.
• We can make last minute reservations on a space available basis only.
- Are airport transfers included
All of our trips include round-trip transfers from the airport to your hotel.
- Are meals included in your package prices
All of our itineraries indicate which meals are included.
- How do you know what is included in each of the trips
Each of the trips will have a section that mentions the inclusions / exclusions for each tour.
- Do the guides speak English? Are they licensed
All of our tour guides speak English and are licensed by the appropriate regulating authority. We can hire a tour guide that speaks another language upon request and availability.
- Can you purchase a land only package or book your own airline tickets
Yes, you can make your own arrangements for the international and/or local airfare.
- Can you change the trip itinerary
Yes you can. You can either go for the trip itineraries displayed on the website or you can mix and match to suit your requirements.
- Does Funky Travels arrange visas for the trips
We do not arrange visas, but we can refer you to a visa agent who can assist you in the matter and we can provide you with the necessary travel documents required for the visa application process.
- Does Funky Travels arrange foreign exchange for the trips
We do not arrange for foreign exchange.
- Why are the prices of the trips not displayed on the website
All our trips are custom made to meet the requirements of our clients. Trip cost varies based on travel season (high to low), your choice of accommodation (from budget to luxury), flight (economy to first class), optional trips and other special requests. Hence the price is not displayed on our website.
Kindly email us at email@example.com to get the correct price for your selected trip or you can use our booking form in our “Custom Travel” section.
- What are the payment terms to book a trip
100 % booking amount is taken in advance, as we need to procure the services on your behalf.
- What are the cancellation / refund terms
If the tour is cancelled by you prior to 60 days from departure, then 50% of the booking amount will be refunded. If the tour is cancelled by you less than 60 days from departure, then the entire amount will be forfeited.
- What is the Funky Pack
Funky Pack is your travel information packet (e-document) that will contain your tickets, tour itinerary, travel facts and the contact details of the land agents in the country of your travel. No hard copy documents will be couriered or mailed to the client. Email will be the preferred mode of communication. If the client wishes a hard copy to be emailed, then administration charges will apply.