This itinerary is for those looking to get a taste and hands on cooking experience in Goan cuisine. Being a coastal state, the cuisine centers around fresh sea food, rice, coconut, local vegetables and spices with Konkan and Portuguese influences. With a wide variety of dishes, ranging from seafood to pork sausages, chicken to beef, and numerous vegetarian dishes, Goan cuisine is able to satisfy even the most finicky gourmet appetites. Goa has some magnificent culinary delicacies like the prawn balchão, chicken cafreal, pork vindaloo and pork sorpotel which have become world famous.
- Visit to Local Veg / Fruits Market.
- Hands on Cooking Class in Goan cuisine.
- Visit to UNESCO Heritage Site – Old Goa.
- Visit to Spice Plantation.
- Accommodation in Anjuna’s top boutique hotel.
Highly Recommended: This trip can be an extension to other Discover Goa itineraries listed under Goa.
Arrival to Goa. Our representative will be waiting outside the Dabolim Airport or train station holding a placard with your name on it. You will be driven to your hotel in a private AC car.
Day at leisure. In the evening, a short film on Goa will be showcased at the hotel accompanied with a local cocktail / mocktail. A sumptuous Goan dinner will be served at the in house restaurant to end your day on a perfect note.
Meals included: Dinner.
Post breakfast, you will be driven in a private AC car to Old Goa, UNESCO World Heritage Site, to visit its magnificent churches, Basilica de Bom Jesus and Se Cathedral and it’s beautifully manicured gardens.
Towards afternoon, you will proceed to visit a Spice Plantation. A guided tour of the plantation to showcase the local produce and its traditional farming methods, followed by a traditional Goan Hindu Lunch on a banana leaf. In the evening, you will drive back to the hotel.
Meals included: Breakfast and Lunch.
Day at leisure to bask in the sun or choose from our many optional trips at the hotel, depending on your interest.
Meals included: Breakfast.
Early start to the day, drive to your cooking class. On arrival, you will be served a welcome drink and breakfast. You will be accompanied by a well-known Goan Chef to the local market to be introduced to the many local vegetables, fruits, spices and seafood. On return to your cooking class, you will be coached through a demonstration cum participation class on classic Goan dishes. Lunch and spice tea will be served post cooking class.
Post Lunch, drop to the airport or train station in a private AC car.
Meals included: Breakfast and Lunch.
Trip Cost varies based on travel season (high to low), your choice of accommodation (comfort or deluxe room), flight (economy to first class), optional tours and other special requests. Kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the correct price for your selected trip.
Accommodation Type for this trip: Boutique Hotel
Our hospitality partner is Spazio Leisure Resort, a beautiful boutique hotel set in the heart of the quaint village Anjuna. Designed in Goan Portuguese architecture, the stylish yet inspirational resort in its warm yellow hues, is the perfect location for you to relax and enjoy true Goan hospitality. www.spazioleisureresort.com
- Accommodation on double or twin sharing basis.
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary. Welcome drink on arrival and cocktail / mocktail on first day only.
- Sightseeing in private AC car.
- Entry ticket + Lunch at Spice Plantation per person.
- One cooking class, including market tour per person.
- Transfers from / to airport or train station.
- All taxes included.
- International or Domestic Flights to Goa.
- Visa Fees / Travel insurance / Airport & Government Charges.
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Laundry, telephone calls, and incidentals and personal expenses are not covered.
- Gratuities to driver or hotel staff.